The typical family unit has undergone drastic changes over the course of many years and doesn’t fit into the nuclear family paradigm that existed many years ago due to the numerous changes in the fabric of society, such as
- higher divorce rates
- fewer couples preferring to have children
- prevalent single parenting
There are also situations where there is a blended family concept , where two individuals with kids from previous relationships come together in marriage. Adding to the mix, Americans are becoming more open to newer paradigms of what typical families look like. Some of the cultural changes include
- couples who wish to live together before marriage
- couples who dont want to marry
- LGBTQ marriages and civil unions are accepted in 37 states of the US.
In the US, gender roles are not very fixated and, in many families, it is reversed where the female tends to be the breadwinner and males take care of the kids. In most households, both a man and a woman are working individuals.
American Behaviour- Mostly Americans want to have fun and do things they enjoy whenever they have free time. To stay in shape, many individuals engage in activities like going to the gym, going for a walk, jogging, riding a bike, going trekking, etc. Most people enjoy being outdoors and being surrounded by nature. Mostly Americans are impatient, but they also know how to be disciplined.
American work culture
- Established hierarchy structure.
- Punctuality for work-related events is highly expected.
- Formality and dress codes vary in specific workplaces.